Updated: February 7, 2022
The health and safety of our parade participants, volunteers, attendees, and staff members are our top priorities. To ensure a safe environment during your participation at our event, we will be implementing the following requirements, based on recommendations by the City and County of San Francisco as of the date of this notice. Should these requirements change, we will inform all participants and update our Health & Safety Protocols as they develop.
PARADE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
To ensure the continued safety of all in attendance of our annual event, everyone age 5 or older are required to either:
- Provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 (you must receive your final vaccine dose 14 days prior to your entry date, or by February 5, 2022).
- Provide proof of a negative COVID‐19 test within 72 hours of participating in the event (or no earlier than Wednesday, February 16, 2022).
The following forms of Negative COVID‐19 test proof WILL BE ACCEPTED:
- PCR or Antigen viral test results; PCR may also be identified as NAAT
- Test results must be from a lab with confirmation of results, including date, time and name matching your ID
The following forms of Negative COVID‐19 test proof WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- At home tests
- Antibody or serology tests
Children under 5 do not need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result, but we strongly recommend the use of masks.
It’s the responsibility of the participating organization to verify proof of vaccination status or negative COVID-19 test results from their group members. Please advise your members to bring copies of the originals with them on the day of the parade in case additional verification is required. Non-compliance to these measures may result in risk exposure and possible ban from participating in the parade.
We are also strongly recommending that all volunteers, participants, and members of our parade, wear a mask regardless of vaccination status for our events. For those that may have special performance requirements, like marching bands or singing drill teams, please see the following guidance:
- BANDS ‐ Marching bands can use instrument masks and bag/bell covers. please see examples here → http://www.unitedsound.org/bag
- SINGERS ‐ Singers can use singer’s masks, please see example here →
Please remember, YOUR SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY. We are entrusting YOU to help us make this event as safe and as successful as possible.
Our security protocols include:
- We strongly encourage you and your group to bring your own supply of hand sanitizers and wipes for your needs. Should you need hand sanitizers and wipes, a limited amount will be provided at the check‐in area.
- There will be barricades set up along the parade route to maintain 6 feet of social distance between the performers/participants and the street spectators. If spacing permits, we would recommend that groups also practice social distancing.
- All volunteers, participants and members of the parade staff will receive an identification bracelet. Unauthorized persons will be escorted out. We will increase our volunteer staff to help enforce our safety protocols, and with the assistance of the SFPD officers, we hope to have a safe, secured, and controlled environment for everyone involved.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us make the 2022 CNYP event the safest experience possible for everyone.
COVID‐19 RISKS OF EXPOSURE
By participating in this event, you assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID‐19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against the City and County of San Francisco, the Event Organizers, and their affiliated sponsors relating to such risks.
You expressly agree to comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances, regulations, and the rules of the Event Organizers when participating in the event.
Please note: Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to us to discuss.
If you have any questions in regards to our Health & Safety Protocols, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for continuing to do your part and stay safe!
* Requirements are subject to change. Please check back often for updates.