“Year of the Tiger on Parade” Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: “Year of the Tiger on Parade” Photo Contest (Contest), is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years or older. Employees of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of San Francisco (“Sponsor”), and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, officers, and directors, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Must be legal U.S. residents to enter this contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest. By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Contest Period: The Contest will run from January 17, 2022 12:01 am (PT) through February 19, 2022 11:59 pm (PT). Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- How to Enter: Multiple entries are allowed but limited to one (1) prize package per household. To enter, you must have a valid Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account at the time of entry, and you must adhere to their terms and conditions for the usage of their platforms. Post a photo of yourself with a “Year of the Tiger on Parade” sculpture, tag us @chineseparade and use #tigeronparade in your caption (collectively, the “Entry”). All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person. The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame. Photo post’s permissions must be set to publicly viewable. Violators of these rules will not be eligible for the contest and will be removed from consideration from the contest. Entries will not be accepted unless submissions conform with the official contest rules.
- Prizes: Fifty (50) Early Submission Drawing winners will receive a Year of the Tiger reusable facemask (Mask) for submissions received between Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. to Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (1st week). Twelve (12) Contest winners will receive a prize package consisting of two (2) Asian Art Museum tickets, one (1) Limited edition Tiger on Parade reusable facemask and one (1) Limited edition Tiger on Parade Large T-Shirt. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prize permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize must be accepted as awarded. There will be no substitutions if winner is unable for any reason to redeem prize package by specified date.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Early Submission Drawing winners will be selected at random and announced on Monday, January 24, 2022. Early Submission Drawing winners may redeem their prizes at the Lucky Supermarket store located within Lakeshore Plaza (1515 Sloat Blvd. San Francisco, CA, 94132) between Tuesday, January 25, 2022 through Monday, January 31, 2022 during the store’s normal business hours. Winners of the Contest prize packages will be announced the week of Sunday, February 20, 2022 on the Chinese New Year Festival & Parade website [/tiger-on-parade/]. Winning contestants will be selected as prize winners (Winners) subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Winners will be notified by Direct Message within 2 days following selection of winning entries (the “Notification”). The Winners must then respond to the Notification within three (3) calendar days and provide his/her complete first and last name (no initials), street address (no PO Boxes), city, state, Zip Code, valid e-mail address, and date of birth. Any unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate Winner. The Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, or actions taken by the platforms due to violations of their terms and conditions of use. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, the Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Rules and prizes are subject to change without notice.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the misuse of Contest platforms or malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Social Media Association: The Contest hosted by the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of San Francisco is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.