Southwest Airlines® Chinese New Year Festival and Parade Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: Sweepstakes runs from January 7, 2019 11:59pm PST to February 7, 2019, 11:59pm PST. To enter, complete entry form on the Southwest Airlines® Chinese New Year Festival and Parade Web Site (www.chineseparade.com). Incomplete entries are not eligible. Entries submitted via the Southwest Airlines Chinese New Year Festival and Parade Web Site must be received by February 7, 2019 11:59pm PST. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Entrants must provide a valid e-mail address. In the event of a dispute over identity of online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account on the date the entry was submitted.
2. Drawing: On or about February 8, 2019, Sponsor, whose decisions are final, will conduct a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Entrants need not be present to win. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize package to consist of (i) roundtrip air travel on Southwest Airlines® for winner and one (1) guest from the nearest major U.S. airport to the winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below); (ii) three (3) days, (2) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations for winner and guest(one  hotel room) at the Omni Hotel in San Francisco; (iii) two (2) VIP admission tickets in the telecast zone to the Southwest Airlines Chinese NewYear Parade on Saturday night February 23, 2019 and two (2) VIP admission tickets to the pre-parade reception (the “Events”); and (iv) a $250 shopping spree at Macy’s. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prize permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize must be accepted as awarded and winner and travel companion must travel on dates specified by the Sponsor. Exact dates are at the discretion of the Sponsor. Approximate retail value of prize is approximately $1800. There will be no substitutions if winner is unable for any reason to attend the Events. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in the prize description. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS. Winner and guest must have the required government issued identification documents necessary to travel.
Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for two (2) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of theSouthwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of theSouthwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at www.southwest.com/contractofcarriage. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Winner is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian.
4. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to all legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are nineteen (19) years or older and have a valid email account at the time of entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., their advertising and promotions agencies, the San Francisco Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Macy’s, the Omni Hotel, KTVU and KTSF-TV, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Alaska,Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants must have internet access at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential winner only will be notified by telephone or e-mail and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (“Required Documentation”), which must be returned within seven (7) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize winner’s guest, or if minor(s), their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases (“Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the winner’s Required Documentation prior to the issuance of travel documents or the guest portion of the prize will be forfeited. If a guest is a minor, guest’s parent or legal guardian must sign Guest Documents on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor guest. Any unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, Southwest Airlines Co., Macy’s or the Omni Hotel, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials; or transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections or fraud; incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
Winner and guest assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this sweepstakes or use, misuse or redemption of any prize/offer.
By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify each of Sponsor, Southwest Airlines Co., Macy’s, the Omni Hotel, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages, or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes/offers awarded herein and travel redeemed therewith.
7. Winner’s List: To obtain a Winner’s Names List, go to Southwest Airlines’ Chinese New Year Festival and Parade Web Site (www.chineseparade.com) after February 8, 2019.
8. Sponsor: San Francisco Chinese Chamber of Commerce, 730 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CA 94108. Southwest Airlines Co. is not a sponsor, co-sponsor, or administrator of this Sweepstakes.